Responsibility / Main competences
Freelance Network Security Engineer is responsible for maintaining and monitoring the network infrastructure of the Organization.
Among its main competences are:
Install, configure and maintain the operation of internal computer networks and connections to external networks, according to the operational and security service levels that are established.
Mission of the occupation
Manage the operation, security and maintenance of the network infrastructure ensuring the quality and performance of the Organization's services.
Activities carried out
- Install or participate in the installation of internal networks and connections with external networks.
- Freelance Computer Network Technician has to design or participate in the design of internal networks and connections with external networks.
- Coordinate tasks with suppliers, installers and internal personnel, according to the nature of the activities.
- Configure internal networks according to the operational and security requirements that are established (routing, switching, local and remote user access, privileges, security levels, among others).
- Maintain permanent coordination with the IT area, in relation to the services of the network, to ensure the implementation, operation and service levels, according to the requirements established by the applications.
- Freelance Cyber Security Engineer Monitor the operation of the internal networks and connections with external networks.
- Diagnose problems and execute corrective actions that correspond according to the nature of the problem (reconfigurations, changes of equipment, components, network software, among others).
- Identify, recommend and implement updates related to network configuration, equipment and software, internal networks and connections with external networks.
- Keep track of statistics and situations of operation, maintenance, repairs, user problems, updates, of the organization's networks and connections with external networks.
- Establish and maintain stock of equipment, components and accessories, or ensure that they are obtained in a timely manner, necessary to ensure the operation of the networks according to the service levels established.
- Maintain contact and interact in coordination with suppliers and internal personnel of the organization, to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in purchasing processes, maintenance, training and general support, whenever necessary in the Freelance Marketplace for Field Engineers.
- Identify and keep up-to-date information on technological and management news related to networks and ICT in general.