An open-source full-stack software based on ROS framework, for self-driving applications. Targeting to facilitate the research in autonomous driving projects for low-speed applications in urban environments. This software comes with a built-in Gazebo based simulation, an end-to-end self-driving software and a user-friendly GUI to facilitate launching of the software.
Used for trials on real-world automated vehicles.
Features and Deployment support:
- Graphics User Interface (GUI) with integrated ROS tools
- Docker and Source Code installation
- Vehicle Model basic urdf for RVIZ
- Multiple Sensors Drivers
- Normal Distribution Transform (NDT)* for localization and mapping
- Voxel Grid and Ground Removal point cloud filtering
- Path Planning* based on waypoints
- Object Detection using LiDAR and Radar
- Route Planning* Algorithm based on A* Planner
- High-level supervisor/monitor node
- Vehicle Interface using SocketCAN
- Gazebo simulation model and worlds: 3 ways of controlling the robot
- Comprehensive documentation of the source code in the repo and inside the GUI
- Online tutorials
- Quick start resources: rosbag, point cloud map and waypoints csv
*Originally suggested at Autoware 1.10.0.
These packages have been configured and modified significantly to fit the requirements of Project ASLAN.
- Processor : Intel Core i7 or greater
- RAM size: 32G
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
1. Allow software updates
Search for Software & Updates and click on 'Other Software'.
Tick the boxes allowing software updates from 'canonical partners' and 'source code'.
Press reload and enter your sudo password
2. Install ROS Kinetic Desktop Full
For more information please visit here
Setup your computer to accept software from packages.ros.org.
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://packages.ros.org/ros/ubuntu $(lsb_release -sc) main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ros-latest.list'
Setup your keys
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver 'hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80' --recv-key C1CF6E31E6BADE8868B172B4F42ED6FBAB17C654
Update debian package index
sudo apt-get update
Install ROS Kinetic Desktop Full
sudo apt-get install ros-kinetic-desktop-full
Set up your environment
echo "source /opt/ros/kinetic/setup.bash" >> ~/.bashrc source ~/.bashrc
Install additional tools
sudo apt install python-rosdep python-rosinstall python-rosinstall-generator python-wstool build-essential python-catkin-tools
sudo rosdep init rosdep update
3. Clone the Project ASLAN repository
git clone --recurse-submodules https://github.com/project-aslan/Aslan.git # if you haven't initialized and updated the submodules with --recurse-submodules when cloning, do: cd Aslan/ git submodule update --init --recursive
4. Install additional dependencies
cd Aslan rosdep install -y --from-paths src --ignore-src --rosdistro $ROS_DISTRO
5. Initialise your catkin workspace
6. Build your workspace
From the root of your catkin workspace, run
If you have previously built your workspace with catkin build: Either clean your workspace with
catkin clean and rebuild with
Running the software
To start the Project ASLAN GUI, simply execute the bash script:
Project Aslan Dockerhub: projaslan/aslan
Project Aslan Website: www.project-aslan.org
Online Tutorials: Youtube Channel
A dedicated, trained and attentive safety driver must always be present in the driver's seat at all times and in all environments, monitoring the vehicle.
THIS SOFTWARE IS FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLYING WITH LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. ACCESS TO AND USE OF THIS SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND RESPONSIBILITY.
Aslan Software is licensed under Apache 2 License