HTML5 Boilerplate is a professional front-end template for building fast, robust, and adaptable web apps or sites.
This project is the product of years of iterative development and community knowledge. It does not impose a specific development philosophy or framework, so you're free to architect your code in the way that you want.
- Homepage: https://html5boilerplate.com/
- Source: https://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate
- Twitter: @h5bp
Choose one of the following options:
Download the latest stable release from html5boilerplate.com. This zip file is a snapshot of the
distfolder. On Windows, Mac and from the file manager on Linux unzipping this folder will output to a folder named something like
html5-boilerplate_v7.3.0. From the command line will need to create a folder and unzip the contents into that folder.
mkdir html5-boilerplate unzip html5-boilerplate*.zip -d html5-boilerplate
Clone the git repo —
git clone https://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate.git- and checkout the tagged release you'd like to use. The
distfolder represents the latest version of the project for end users.
Install with npm:
npm install html5-boilerplateor yarn:
yarn add html5-boilerplate. The resulting
node_modules/html5-boilerplate/distfolder represents the latest version of the project for end users. Depending on what you want to use and how you want to use it, you may have to copy and paste the contents of that folder into your project directory.
- HTML5 ready. Use the new elements with confidence.
- Designed with progressive enhancement in mind.
- Placeholder CSS Media Queries.
- Useful CSS helper classes.
- Default print styles, performance optimized.
- An optimized version of the Google Universal Analytics snippet.
- Protection against any stray
- "Delete-key friendly." Easy to strip out parts you don't need.
- Extensive inline and accompanying documentation.
- Chrome (latest 2)
- Edge (latest 2)
- Firefox (latest 2)
- Internet Explorer 11
- Opera (latest 2)
- Safari (latest 2)
This doesn't mean that HTML5 Boilerplate cannot be used in older browsers, just that we'll ensure compatibility with the ones mentioned above.
Take a look at the documentation table of contents. This documentation is bundled with the project which makes it available for offline reading and provides a useful starting point for any documentation you want to write about your project.
The code is available under the MIT license.