blazing fast terminal-ui for git written in rust
- fast and intuitive key only control
- context based help (no need to remember any hot-key)
- inspect/commit changes (incl. hooks: commit-msg/post-commit)
- (un)stage files/hunks, revert/reset files/hunk
- browse commit log
- scalable ui layout
- async input polling and
- async git API for fluid control
I do most of my git usage in a terminal but I frequently found myself using git UIs for some use cases like: index/commit, diff, stash and log.
Over the last 2 years my go-to GUI tool for this was fork because it was not bloated, snappy and free. Unfortunately the free part will change soon and so I decided to build a fast & simple terminal tool myself to copy the fork features i am using the most.
For the time being this product is considered alpha and not production ready.
brew install extrawurst/tap/gitui
install from source
cargo: https://www.rust-lang.org/tools/install min rust version:
the simplest way to start playing around with
gitui is to have
cargo build/install it:
cargo install gitui
to enable logging:
this will log to: