- 2D/3D: Integrated 2D/3D maps.
- Open and pluggable: Easy to extend with techs you may love as plugins.
- Performant: Can smoothly render tens of thousands of geometries.
- Simple: Extremely easy to learn and use.
- Feature Packed: Essential features for the most mapping needs.
maptalks.js was born in 2013, for a map-centric project to help YUM! China to choose locations of KFC and PizzaHut restaurants. After verified in many projects of government depts and enterprises, in 2016, we did a complete rewrite with ES2015 and open source it, hoping it can make your life easier in mapping projects.
- Modern browsers and IE9+ (only IE11 for 3D features)
- Mobile browsers
- Node >= 4.x
maptalks.js is well tested against IE10, IE11, Firefox and Chrome by around 1.5K test cases running on CI services. IE9 is not covered by CI because testing continues to crash for some unknown reasons. Issues on IE9 will be taken care of case by case.
We welcome any kind of contributions including issue reportings, pull requests, documentation corrections, feature requests and any other helps.
Please see the Contribution Guide.
Maptalks is built on the shoulders of giants. Please refer to ACKNOWLEDGEMENT for details.